And, yes, this will be updated as time goes on.
As of now, this is every single story of A Pius Man.
UPDATE: My next bit of short fiction is my Christmas story .... O Little Town of Bethlehem. We start with an interrogation at the top of the Empire State Building. Rope is involved.
UPDATE: I have the "Secret Origins" of my more dangerous characer: Sean A.P. Ryan. The title is One Way to Stay out of Jail.
UPDATE: I have a Christmas story starring Sean Ryan, in the same time period as O Little Town of Bethlehem, called Coyote Christmas. In fact, there are two versions of it. The Twitter format, and the full prose format.
1. The Secret Service Is Sent to Rome: One of my first promotions, when I wrote "memos of A Pius Man." The Secret Service is known all over the world as the best protectors the world over. The new, security conscious, Pope wants to have the Secret Service audit his security. How'd you like that assignment?
The Secret Service is Sent to Rome
2. Another from the memos series. WE HAVE A POPE! was supposed to be about the dawn of a new age in the Catholic church ... or at least the dawn of a new papacy. This pope was created because I wanted someone who people at large could look at and wonder: He's as right wing as Attila the Hun, and Fox news loves him, what could he be capable of?
WE HAVE A POPE. The Election of Pope Pius XIII
3. Resumes and Emails. This is the very first promo of the memos series: The resume of one Sean Ryan. It was supposed to cast doubts about what was going on at the Vatican. You'll see that there's good reason for it.
A Pius Man Memos, First Promo -- Resumes and emails.
4. The Mossad in Rome. The memos series has only one more to go after this. Scott "Mossad" Murphy is in Rome on the trail of a dead terrorist-- if only to find out whether or not his killer was doing everyone a favor, or if they were up to something far more sinister. This is what happens when you send Mossad To Rome
A Pius Man: Mossad In Rome.
5. The Inside Man. For any good conspiracy-thriller-mystery, you need a traitor. After all, why make it easy for the heroes to get anything done? This is a text from a higher up in the conspiracy to the insider. If I'm really good at this, I won't tell you anything that you can't figure out from the first 50 pages of the novel. And if I'm VERY good at this, I'll tell you everything and you won't even know it.
A Pius Man: The Inside Man
6. Erin Go Boom. This next is a prequel story for A Pius Man, set on St. Patrick's Day. It stars Fr. Francis Williams, a main player in APM -- though as hero or villain, that's a question. And with a title like Erin Go Boom, you know this will end in gunfire.
Erin Go Boom
7. The Pirate King: Some people are mad, bad, and dangerous to know. In A Pius Man I have a mercenary who has body counts in the triple digits, and has caused millions in property damage. This is a tale of what happens when Somali pirates decide to take over the wrong ship. And The Pirate King faces someone more ruthless than he had ever dreamed.
The Pirate King
8. Tinker, Tailor, Goyim, Spy. I started a contest in 2010. When I reached 100 likes, I would post the origin of the character Scott "Mossad" Murphy, an Irish Catholic who works for the Israeli Mossad. This was how he got in, and how the Mossad's "Goyim Brigade" was born.
Tinker, Tailor, Goyim, Spy.
9. And last, but not least, the popular "God Hates .... Superman?"
God Hates... Superman?